Why did you start vaping?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zero, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Zero

Zero Professor of Vapology Member

I'm curious about why people started vaping in the first place.

Me, well I could have repaved and added a double lane to the entire trans Canada Highway with all the taxes I paid through tobacco purchases! Needless to say... It was time for a change!

My choice to vape didn't come from wanting better health or a longer life... It came down to the loonie. The health part came second in my case. =)

"Two packs of Number Seven Red Kingsize please"
    Words I haven't spoken in years. =)

Ryedan likes this.
  2. TroyVapes

TroyVapes Member Member

12 years smoking here and ended it 2 months ago with an eGo-C. Will never go back! Really feels great finally kicking the habit.

mary2014, Kacey Postill and Ryedan like this.
  3. SirVapesALot

SirVapesALot Super Moderator Staff Member

I smoked for longer than I wanted, my wife complained about the smell and how she didn't want me to die too young. When I discovered there was a real alternative, I figured I'd try. Vaping and not looking back, over 3 weeks in now!

Kacey Postill likes this.
  4. MasterVapes

MasterVapes Sysop Admin

I honestly thought all this vaping was a gimmick after spotting them in clubs and other hip areas all around the world. After spending some time on the eCig reddit and some of the other forums the last few years, I started to realize it was for real and eventually gave it a shot. Smoking analogs seems so passe now! I could honestly never go back.

I feel like every smoker deserves to know this alternative exists and how effective it is. There is also a strange steampunk/sci-fi feel to smoking these things I find really pleasing :)

Also agree with MV that this is not a stop smoking thing, but rather a much safer alternative. The health benefits become immediately apparent.

5. cmknight

cmknight New Member Member

I found that smoking was interfering with my Taekwondo practice. I can't kick the bag for more than 5-minutes before I'm wheezing, coughing, and out of breathe. I also just realized that I was going theough a carton of analogs in 4 days. Had a cigalike last year that wife bought me, but I had issues with the PG, so back in the box it went. Just ordered an eGo-C (non-twist) with CE-4 and CE-5 carto's this afternoon, plus a bottle of 24mg and 0mg 60/40 (VG/PG) juice. Should arrive in a few days. We'll see what happens this time around.

6. VapingJay

VapingJay New Member Member

To save money and my health!

7. tref651

tref651 New Member Member

I was very resistant to smoking for about 22 years or so. Unfortunately some of my resolve eventually gave out and I would up in a smoke-filled world...

I started out smoking cigarillos, not inhaling them at first but stupidly forgot the "don't inhale" part on some occasions, which I believe gradually led to the addiction... A habit I was forced to kick when the suits decided it was too tempting for kids to start--being as they were flavoured after all--snatching them up and lighting. Finally, it became illegal to sell them and I wanted to put my foot through something valuable. I "had no choice," I "had" to go to cigarettes. :poo:

I found out the hard way what happens to those (like myself) who chain smoke. The whole ordeal went on for about 4 years, not a whole lot I guess so no boasting rights for me there. I would buy cartons of menthol cigarettes and almost literally smoked them constantly, every minute of the day. The coughing would go on for minutes, especially in the morning, and it had to stop...

Fast forward to February 2012, I got the uhh... "Nu-Smoke," as a late Christmas present from my Mom who has been smoking for since she was 14. The product sucked just as badly as its name, but it did give me a slight sign of hope. So those things didn't last long so I went and looked up this puzzling new device called the Ego-T (the cartomizer with the small tanks or cartridge tanks or whatevers). Used those for a couple very uncertain months of good results, bad results etc. I didn't know much better at the time that there were superior models out there that would save the hassle of using the Ego-T. Then I looked into cartomizers and discovered the CE Clearomizers. Been using variations of those ever since, but mostly tried to keep it simple.

The journey to this point has been a costly one, due to uncertainty with some models which were terrible clones, to ones that were legit, yet only still seemed to work at first and I would cough out burnt rubber smoke moments later.

The hardest part of the whole situation was finding the right, consistent hardware and going with it amidst the tempting new models. I may never be 100% certain of which model is "the one" which will probably present some hurdles going forth, but it beats coughing up sludge after 3 minute coughing spasms.

That is my story. *sits down* :)

Ryedan likes this.
  8. Ryedan

Ryedan New Member Member

I started vaping because after about 37 years of smoking I had no outs left ... I really needed to quit. I clued into vaping almost by mistake and it worked for me. Best thing I ever did. A couple of weeks later I was smoke free. It was not totally painless, I did have to make it work. But it was very manageable and I've not looked back since.

Plus I save money.

Plus I smell a lot better.

But the garbage smells like garbage now ... hmm, lets not go there :eek:

9. Elly

Elly New Member Member

I'm a vape babe now because I want to live longer (hahahaha), and because it is more and more expensive to smoke:D

10. Derrick.S

Derrick.S New Member Member

I bought my ego c because a guy at work had one and it looked nifty. Yeah, I got it because it was shiny and novel. I've been off analogs for a couple weeks now but unlike everyone else here I will pick up a smoke again the moment I can't get nic juice.
    I've smoked cigarettes for nearly forty years and I have to admit they haven't been pleasurable for some time but I chose to continue because everyone said I had quit, that I was even 'immoral' for smoking.
    For me obviously smoking wasn't just an addiction it was a way to say 'screw you' to anyone who wanted to take away my freedom to choose for myself.
    Clearly I'm not making a rational argument for ecigs or that I always make the healthiest choice but few of us ever do. I didn't plan on quitting analogs and didn't even want to BUT I have, not because someone made me nor because I even tried but just because so much of what I got from smoking I get from vaping. At the moment I have a less harmful option. Take that away and I'll be on analogs again before the end of the day.

11. OldWestChris

OldWestChris New Member Member

I was ordered to start. Ok, that is not completely true, but it was a strong suggestion. I love cigars and still smoke them, but my partner does not like me taking them on the road with us. On vacation it is ok, but not out for the evening, to friend's homes, or other fun outings. She bought me my first e-cig bundle and asked me to try it.

My first few puffs convinced me it was a good alternative to the cigar when we went out. I mainly smoke tobacco flavored juices, but have tried many other ones, with very mixed results. I still find it easier to buy cigars online or in the local stores, but the e-cig availability is improving.

12. Melissa Lamothe

Melissa Lamothe New Member Member

Hi, I started vaping because the guilt of smoking and having young kids, expenses, health, etc.
    I new my husband really wanted me to quit and he was introduced to vaping. It seemed a perfect alternative for me.
    As soon as I started and was satisfied, I couldn't turn back. I am an avid vaper now and try to convert as many as possible, lol.

13. Kacey Postill

Kacey Postill Vendor Vendor

Hello Everybody : ) I LOVE TO SMOKE or rather DID. That was my major problem with all the other methods I tried patches, gum, laser even pills but they never addressed my need and want to puff. Vaping allowed me to do this. I got my first which was and E Go and now I'm hooked. If you'd like to check out what's available in the vaping world. Please check us out at www.chainreactionvaping.com

14. sue

sue New Member Member

i started not long ago. so far i have not been lucky. had ordered a nano colibri wich i had to return it didnt worked. ordered e cig from another company twice and none of the 2 cigs taste good in fact it taste like turpentine and the burn on my throat is awfull it reminds me and i know i might have bad coments but oh well, i used to smoke a lot of hash on knifes when i was young and it feels the same like a harsh metal throat hit. i dont know if its the metal part or their e liquide but i cant use it and now iv lost a 120$ i wrote them an e-mail and no responce yet. but i got my magnum rev 3 from epuffer and hope ill be able to refill the cartridge at least once because it will get expensive. so now im thinking about buying one of the bigger one an ego something lol i have been smoking for 36 years need to quit im so addicted that im afraid to quit how logic is that.

15. Kacey Postill

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience. I did as well when I first started it took a fair bit of money and 3 tries before I found a reputable dealer. I would choose a company that stands behind their products without any hassle if something does go wrong. At Chain Reaction Vaping they stand behind their product with a 60 day WARRANTY! If you have a problem they'll fix it. My favourite is the Ego or EVOD kits. I have had no problems with these authentic kits. I hope this helps a bit.

Sincerely,

Kacey Postill

16. sue

sue New Member Member

thank you i will look at their page. i still did not get any response from the company i bought the bad ones from.

17. sue

sue New Member Member

i went and checked this site. im tempted they do have nice kits and not to expensive. i have a question tho what are the dry herb automizer?

18. Kacey Postill

I had the same thing happen to me and a year later I'm still waiting : ( Once again so sorry for your bad experiences.

19. JDC

JDC New Member Member

It was time!!!!!!

20. JackMojica

JackMojica New Member Member

I have been a smoker for more then five years, I've been owner of e cig for a bit more then 3 weeks. I started it mostly because of curiosity My girlfriend is still a bit concerned about smoking, but she is happy that many side effects of smoking are gone.
    I have had few cigs now and then, but I am thinking of quitting smoking once and for all.