What causes harshness ?

Discussion in 'eCig Newbie' started by Deanwittick, May 6, 2015.

1. Deanwittick

Deanwittick New Member Member

I'm brand new to vaping, I tried a sample at a vape shop, a tobacco flavour, 18mg. And found it very hard on my throat, even after one one or two puffs. So I tried a 12 mg , and it was the same,i dont know what the PG/VG levels were.What causes the real harshness, is it the nicotine level, or the PG/VG levels? I'm a very heavy smoker, 50 cigs a day, which costs a fortune, so I HAVE to go to ecigs.,but wonder if I can stand ecigs,after today? I've read that its the pg, which causes the harshness,which I've read may cause it? I was always worried about not getting that blast with ecigs, but I'd love to have something that was less hard on my throat. Is it Nic.levels, or the PG/VG LEVELS? I've read that the VG is easier on your throat? I've seen videos of people vaping with a ton of vapor coming out, but today there was very little vapor, but it still really killed my throat after one or two puffs. Can someone enlighten me?​

2. Ren

Ren New Member Member

Nic level,pg, burnt coil and just down right crappy juice can cause harshness.

3. jacoby

jacoby Member Member

Yep, primarily:

1. PG
    2. Nic level
    3. Coil heat

...perhaps even in that order.

4. phantomseliquid

phantomseliquid World Renowned eLiquid Vendor

Yep.

5. wheelie

wheelie New Member Member

Everyone I have got into vape thought it was harse on the throat the first few hours. I coughed when I got started. Something different in the lungs. A lot like when you first started smoking I bet you coughed. CHEERS!