Vision eGo Clearomizer V2 vs V3

Discussion in 'Cartos / Clearos / Atomizers' started by saintjames, Nov 8, 2012.

1. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

2. TroyVapes

TroyVapes Member Member

I tried the v2 and they're my go-to clearo...have not unfortunately tried the rebuildable v3. having said the phil busardo reviewed them recently and it is easily the funniest video he has put out. the first few mins are priceless! also useful to watch as he explains the confusing world of clearos with similar names, etc. But overall he was not impressed with v3 over v2/v1.

saintjames likes this.
  3. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Thanks for the input Troy and posting the review! Missed that one and it is indeed hilarious!

...most of the vaping community seems a bit divided on which one is better o_O

I am leaning towards the v2 but would love more input from some of the others.

4. Vapella

Vapella Member Member

might have been a bad batch of the v3 going around...most reports I read (on reddit at least) are popular. rebuildable is the future imo.

5. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Thanks Vapella...really having trouble deciding if the Vision V3 is a winner or not. It's rebuildable which is VERY nice, but I want to make sure these are as good as people say they are.

6. TroyVapes

TroyVapes Member Member

I have some V3s on order. Near as I can tell they're as good as the V2 (but rebuildable) and have gone through a revision as there were some early leak complaints. I see them being sold moreso than the V2 now. AFAIK they're going to be much like a super miniature vivi nova. Will report back my findings.

7. SirVapesALot

SirVapesALot Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi friends, I will start by saying i am looking forward to getting the V3 rebuildables. Less waste and good taste, fixable.

Now to clear up some confusion on the names used in this product line. Version 1 was short wicks, 2 had new post and short wicks, 3 has long wicks and the new 3 is rebuildable.I don't know why they did't just call it v4.

Cheers

TroyVapes likes this.
  8. TroyVapes

TroyVapes Member Member

Thanks sirvapes that was totally confusing me as well! The naming convention on a lot of this stuff is completely ridiculous.

9. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Okay I got some of these in a few days ago and...

The genuine rebuildable V3 clearomizer from Vision (not the knockoffs) is my new go-to clearo! The bid difference from v2 to v3 for me is that since these are the same coil heads in the Vivi Nova (as far as I can tell) they produce a much warmer more flavourful vape than V2 or other versions. I have yet to need to change the head it came with after a few fills so far but I can tell you rebuilding these things is a no-brainer.

Also have yet to get a burnt hit with the 1.8ohm head @ 3.4v. Lovely vapes every time. I got no idea what Phil was on about in his video but maybe he got a knockoff?!

Highly recommended! :thumbsup:

10. tref651

tref651 New Member Member

I saw some videos on how the rebuilding process is done, but I missed one little detail where I think two wires are supposed to come out of the bottom of and attach to the head.

...And so I've come to accept that anything more than buying the clearo and vaping up a storm cloud is way over my head (no pun intended).

How many people here actually rebuild these things?

11. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Hi tref,

REALLY simple to replace the heads on these and it really cuts down costs. You simply unscrew the bottom bit and then unscrew the coild head and replace with a fresh one. No more tossing clearos.

A typical head will last 2-4 weeks from my experience and they sell for around $12 for 5. Here is where I been getting mine: V3 Coil Heads

12. tref651

Oh that part I know, I was just giving advanced kudos on those who know how the rebuilding process works, I saw one video of a guy cutting up some fiberglass and wire and applying those manually, wishing I had the patience and hand-eye coordination to do that process correctly. But I'm cool with not being able to. =]

13. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Yep those rebuildables are different, and definitely not for me :)

14. tref651

Some models actually worked great for me but were taken off the market and replaced by bad clones of supposedly "better" ones, the entire package was DOA when it arrived.

Why fix/replace what ain't broken? Why, I ask you?! =(