Space Jam - now in Canada! Review.

Discussion in 'Juice Reviews' started by Valkyri, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Valkyri

Valkyri New Member Member

I picked up three flavours of Space Jam which has only recently landed north of the border, today from Ace Vapers in Richmond Hill Ontario (so far the only vendor in ON, though I believe there is one vendor in BC).

All were tested out on a Plume Veil RDA at .5 ohms.

1. Pluto. The description on the website says, "Pluto is a very delicate mix of watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe with a finish of bubble gum and the slightest hint of mint." As I'm not a huge fan of mint I wasn't too sure, but as I am a huge fan of melons, I thought I'd give it a try. The mint is very subtle. It's just a hint, like a memory and exists more on the inhale. It's also not a harsh mint, but a sweet mint as accentuated by the melon medley. The bubblegum is more apparent on the exhale and reminds me most of double bubble - the little pink gums that were wrapped in comics. Though this might seem like a bit of a weird mix, it blends together elegantly and becomes quite addictive. I didn't warm up to it right away, but once I did I couldn't put it down. It's a very bold flavour, in fact all three are, which leads me to believe it's a very robust brand. It did make me think of aliens.

2. Starship 1. What they say about it: "Starship 1 is a savory mix of vanilla custard inhale with a succulent tropical kiwi on the exhale. Very similar to a Crème Brulèe." While I don't quite agree with that assessment, it is bar none the best custard I have ever vaped. Most custards have a very heavy feel to them which turns me off, this one however (probably because of the kiwi?) is a lot lighter. I've never considered a custard to be an ADV, but this one could do. What I did seem to taste that isn't in the description is a "rummy" kind of flavour. Maybe that's a result of custard vs kiwi, but I would have to say that a space pirate is driving Starship 1, aye matey, if you like rum type vapes, you ought to try this one. Again, with a very robust flavour without being "heavy" this one definitely gets the thumbs up and transcends beyond your "average dessert vape" to something unique and interesting.

3. Andromeda. I saved the best for last. Space Jam describes this as "... the original flavor made by our Mix Master. A unique blend of fresh wild blueberries filled with an exotic pomegranate". I am a fruit fan, especially fruit mixes that create something totally new and different. Like Pluto, my first draw said, "this is pretty good" and 5 minutes later I was blabbering something about having found ambrosia. I couldn't even tell you what the mix was, I couldn't identify either blueberry or pomegranate, it's just fruity goodness with a unique taste that you can't put your finger on but you can't stop vaping. This one will definitely be gone first, no doubt about it. If you are into fruity mysteries like I am, this needs to be on your list.

Now I see what the hype is down south over this stuff. It is good! It's pricey, but packaged in a quality glass bottle with kickass logos and themed artwork with a glass dropper. It is as visually appealing as it is appealing in taste, so for the extra effort to make it pretty, I guess it's worth it.

Thanks again to Ace Vapers in Richmond Hill for stocking it.