Smoktech VIVI (AKA Hyper SRT & SRT)

Discussion in 'Tank Systems' started by Zero, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Zero

Zero Professor of Vapology Member

My opinion... We build a monument in honour of this incredible piece of vaping technology. I’ve been using the Smoktech VIVI since they first hit the market and I don’t plan on changing. This rebuildable can be seen as two things.
    1) A great tank which can be used right out of the box.
    2) A template.

“Template you say?”
    Template I say. The design of this tank is simple and the concept it ancient!
    “ancient you say?”
    Bloody ancient I say. The end of a wick is placed in a reservoir of liquid, the liquid travels up the wick through a hole to a heat source. Sound familiar? 150 years ago this same description would be used for an oil lantern. Back to why its a template. When you’re working with a concept this simple, Mods are a breeze. I won’t go into any right now, but I will say the opportunities are endless!

I haven’t had a flavourless draw or dry draw that couldn’t be easily corrected on this device. The only time this does happen is when a portion of the heating cable in not in contact with the wick. To correct this, pop off the mouth piece and look inside.
    [​IMG]
    See on the right. Where the coil rises off the wick? To correct this just take a... I don’t know something pointy... and gently push the coil against the wick where its not touching. problem solved.

This piece is so simple beginners and first time vapers could use it.
    This piece is so reliable veterans and long time vapers could use it.
    This piece is so versatile that the opportunities for mods are endless.
    This piece is so employable that Mitt Romney requests binders full of them.
    This piece is so tough even Chuck Norris says “you can’t beat it!”
    *takes breath*
    This piece has so many options even Stephen Harper couldn’t list them in an omnibus bill.
    This piece is so impressive British Columbians “LUUUU!” it.
    This piece is so recommendable Don Cherry Gives it TWO thumbs up.
    This piece makes people so happy that even the PQ is complacent.
    This piece is so advisable even “Pierre Poutine” will tell you exactly where to find one.
    This piece is so good it makes the Toronto Maple Leafs look even worse!
    This piece is so addictive that Jean Chretien will grab you by the throat and choke you if you try to steal his.
    Not buying this piece will be the worst decision since Bettman moved the Original Winnipeg Jets to Arizona.
    This piece (from what i’ve seen) is always priced under $20 and is worth every loonie.

thats obviously a bit over board. but I do really like it!

[​IMG]

TroyVapes and SirVapesALot like this.
  2. SirVapesALot

SirVapesALot Super Moderator Staff Member

That looks nice and solid, I will try in the future.

Zero likes this.
  3. MasterVapes

MasterVapes Sysop Admin

Zero: Do you prefer this over the Vision Vivi Nova?

4. MasterVapes

MasterVapes Sysop Admin

Here is Busardo's review...Hmmm requires a syringe to fill and he really hates it.

5. SirVapesALot

SirVapesALot Super Moderator Staff Member

Ya Phil really does trash it, Zero was yours good out of the box? Did you have any of those issues or have to mod anything?

6. Zero

Well of course!… this review is botched. He's filling it wrong and in turn destroying the wick, which doesn’t really matter because the wick is set up entirely incorrectly. To be honest I’m surprised it works at all! With no offense to whoever this guy is… He should figure out how to use a product before reviewing it.

7. MidnightVaper

MidnightVaper Vendor Vendor

In fairness, he does say "bottom line, the way this comes to you with the pre installed wick, this does not wick at all" and he does say that it is a good platform for using as a rebuildable.

8. Zero

agreed! to be honest... im at work on a computer with no speakers... i just looked through the video tried to lip read a bit... and saw the how he was filling it and almost cried... and yes
    this is true but like I said in the first thing I posted in this thread...get a pointy thingy and this is allllll fixed! I stand behind this product 100% only because it was the first product that allowed me to really enjoy vaping... I've gone through 4 new heating coils for mine each one costing about a buck...and I'm still using the same one since they first came out! sustained vaping and sustained vapour at a very realistic price... I haven't wanted to change... but this just came out...

I've got one on the way and i'll review it as soon as I've got it. but if you watched the SRT review I posted you'll notice that to properly fill it you need to wiggle the tank down a bit the fill it up with eliquid... this is a good way and a great idea to keep it very well sealed...however... pull a bit to hard and your eliquid will spill out of the tank... the TAJ... has threads! thats really the only difference. assuming the threads on the tank hold a seal...its a seems like a great idea!
    threads.JPG

9. MasterVapes

MasterVapes Sysop Admin

Ahh from from the makers of the Bully Atomizer. This one also looks interesting! Let us know how it works out for you Zero.

10. stratovarius

stratovarius New Member Member

Looks nice