Quick Review: Kanger Mini ProTank 2

Discussion in 'Tank Systems' started by jacoby, Nov 14, 2013.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member Member

I wanted something smaller that looked good on my smaller 650mah batteries. Kanger Mini Protank 2 fit the bill quite nicely! If you feel like being fancy you can deck it out with a nice drip tip but the one it comes with is top notch.

Pros:
    - Looks amazing on an eGo battery.
    - Hits about the same as a Protank 2. Maybe slightly less powerful.
    - Great flavour!
    - I prefer the draw on the mini over the ProTank 2.
    - Drip tip is removable and fits very nicely. Customization!
    - Quality parts, stainless steel, pyrex glass. No glue.

Cons:
    - Coils only seem to last me about 2 weeks even with frequent cleaning. It's still pretty cheap but I am frugal!
    - Smaller size tank 1.7ml, needs refilling more often.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    olina and Della like this.
  2. Finallyfree

Finallyfree New Member Member

How are you cleaning? I have some that I had bought, but have yet to use.
    Let me know...and thanks for posting!

3. jacoby

jacoby Member Member

Cleaning is simple. I just remove the head and run it under warm water, then dry it off as best I can with paper towel. *sometimes* doesn't work, but heads are cheap at around $8 for 5.

4. Finallyfree

Thanks! Always better to "hear" from someone, instead of searching the web for answers. May have to crack the box open tomorrow! Got some new flavours to try out! :D

5. vapor Mike

vapor Mike vaporenging.com Member

Cool we just stocked our selves with the Mini and I brought one home to try myself;)

6. unclebob

unclebob New Member Member

Great review!

7. Spaztech

Spaztech New Member Member

I started rebuilding kanger bcc'so, using 28 gauge kanthal A1, 7 wraps around a 3/32 drill bit, use 2mm ekowool, compress to a nano coil, should put you around 1.3 ohms, perfect vape for ego batteries, taste is amazing, and lots of clouds. If your careful you can get 10buils easy out of them, when they plug up, just burn it if and replace the ekowool, mine are lasting over month. Hope this helps.

8. Finallyfree

Thanks for the info Spaztech! Can you give some detailled info on how you recoil? Eg
    . Where did you purchase materials? Thanks in advance!!!

9. Spaztech

Spaztech New Member Member

Sorry haven't ventured into videos, items needed 28gauge kanthal A1 wire, 2mm ekowool, should be able to buy under 10 bucks, 1 meter will make around 20 coils.

1: remove coil
    2: remove top shaft piece of coil
    3: remove bottom center pin
    4: carefully remove rubber on bottom (be careful not to rip it)
    5: you should be able to remove the coil and wick now
    6: clean all parts with vodka and a Q-tip
    7: wrap wire around 5/64, 7 times (my bad first posting, not 3/32) try to keep wire side by side like a spring. Leave yourself at 1 inch tails
    8: I pull the wire with pliers to make sure it is tight, try to get wires as close as you can to each other, remove wire from drill bit, heat up with a lighter, use tweeters to squeeze coil wires closer to each other, I put back on drill bit again and tighten with the pliers. Make sure tails are nice and straight. Remove coil from drill bit.
    9: I the twist the end of the ekowool, and put it through the coil ( do not cut yet) ( I do not burn mine first)
    10: place the coil with the ekowool into the atomizer body, do not pull on it to hard, make sure wires are straight, then bend one of tails over the bottom of the body ( negative)
    11: carefully put the rubber end in with the other tail going through the center of the wire, make sure it seats all the way in.
    12: bend your center wire over the rubber (positive)
    13: carefully install the center pin ( be very careful not to rip the rubber, I turn mine while pushing)
    14: you should now have the coil in the body, make sure that you coil is not touching the sides of the body
    15: now trim the ekowool flush with the outside of the body.
    16: install the center shaft and the rubber grommet
    17: make sure ekowool is fluffy at both ends
    18: install atomizer, fill liquid, and vape away. You should be right around 1.3ohm. Ego battery's work perfect at this ohm rating.
    19: when atomizer starts to taste burnt after usage, burn coil off, carefully pull ekowool out and install new, no need to replace coil.
    Videos can be found on YouTube
    Enjoy!!

10. Longhorn

Longhorn New Member Member

Great review jackoby......I like kanger tanks.