Off Topic: I miss hockey ='(

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zero, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Bettman...

1. Innocent?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Guilty?

100.0%
  1. Zero

Zero Professor of Vapology Member

My beloved Jets were gone for 15 years... Now we're going on 15+1! This sucks!

I've noticed that theres a lot of people from BC in this forum, so I will add with pride that for those 15 years I was (and still am) a die hard Canucks fan!

I've always hated the NHL as a league (mainly because of the way its run and where it puts it's priorities). But come on! You've got all our best players playing for salaries which are, to say the very least, completely unsustainable, in a league Bettman screwed up with decisions like moving the Jets to Arizona (????????), Nixing the Nordiques and giving Sunrise Florida a team (?!?!?!?!?!?!)

Now, the NHL sees that they're on a downward spiral... So either make it work and give us back our hockey or fold! and lets bring back the WHA!

[​IMG]

Thats my rant,
    How are you coping?

2. MidnightVaper

MidnightVaper Vendor Vendor

I think the NHL has lost me this time. I don't think I have ever felt as indifferent to league as I do right now. For years I watched every Habs game each season. Last year, for various reasons, I only watched about half of the games. I missed it at first but not as much as the season went on. Now they go and screw another season up and I can't say I ever care right now. I might never be a full time NHL watcher again.

ecigmod likes this.
  3. MasterVapes

MasterVapes Sysop Admin

I agree Midnight! I lost interest after the Canucks failure. Time to switch to MMA :)

4. SirVapesALot

SirVapesALot Super Moderator Staff Member

I miss hockey, but it is hard to be an Oilers fan. Dynasty forever.

5. MidnightVaper

MidnightVaper Vendor Vendor

What's with all the Oilers young stars? With a bit more seasoning they should be able to take over the league....

6. SirVapesALot

SirVapesALot Super Moderator Staff Member

I hope they can, I like seeing them win games, but it will never be like it was during the dynasty. It was just so great back then.