Newbie Here!

Discussion in 'eCig Newbie' started by Zippy, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Zippy

Zippy New Member Member

Great looking forum guys...nice to see...

Q: I have a cheap ecig from 7-11 and can see the potential here but, are the cooler looking models I see here and other sites like the Twist really that much better than these? I assume they contain real nicotine? How can I use my cheap version with nicotine...?

2. MidnightVaper

MidnightVaper Vendor Vendor

Welcome Zippy.

Most (not all) cartomizers should be refillable, meaning you should be able to remove the plastic cover from the mouth piece and add your own liquid. If yours is like that you should be able to buy some liquid with nic in it and drip that into your 7-11 cartomizer.

Other models that you see such as the eGo style batteries can be considerable better then the small cigarette looking ones, especially if you are dealing with a cheap brand. Much longer battery life means less charging and more vaping time at at least 3.7volts. They also accept a wider variety of heating elements, such as tanks and clearomizers which can hold more liquid and produce stronger flavour and more vapour.

A good starting point would be a eGo style 650mAh battery at either 3.7 volts or variable voltage, and a couple clearomizers or a Vivi Nova tank.

Hope you stick with it. It can be a bit of trail and error and take some time to find out what works best for you, but most of us wind up settling in for the long term.

3. Zippy

Zippy New Member Member

Thanks for such a detailed response!
    After doing a bit more research I think I'm best off looking into one of these ego batteries, thanks!!

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell New Member Member

why many countries still banned e cigarette

5. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell New Member Member

there is any side effects...actually i want to buy it

6. Ryedan

Ryedan New Member Member

Some people think that tobacco companies and pharmaceutical companies have a lot to lose if many people switch to vaping ... lost cigarette sales and fewer people buying quit smoking drugs (which are not that good anyways, but that's another topic ;) ). These large companies have a lot of money to put into lobbying governments and they do just that. It's all about the money.

7. Ryedan

Ryedan New Member Member

8. Rare Air eCigs

Rare Air eCigs Vendor Vendor

Zippy has some great advice.. However, I would recommend skipping the eGo 3.7v and going straight for the Twist variable voltage models. It provides a much better throat hit.. Which makes a huge difference for people trying to switch over from analouges for good.

As far as tanks go, I love the Evod bottom coil style. A nice clean, cool vape without the burnt taste you sometimes find in the top-coil ce4 & stardust styles.

In short.. YES they really are that much better than the disposables. Its chopped liver vs a tenderloin. Spaghetti-O's vs Prawn Linguine !

Save your money on the disposables, and make the tiny investment on a rechargeable. It's worth it.

Feel free to PM me for any more info :)