Newbie Here - Need advice on good ecigs to try! Overwhelmed here!

Discussion in 'eCig Newbie' started by Mitchie, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Mitchie

Mitchie New Member Member

Hi There,

I am brand new to vaping. I have been smoking for probably around 15 years - now about a pack a day. I saw some ecigs at the local 711 here in Hamilton (Ontario), but want something that I can buy with Nicotine or refill (I have already ordered a few ejuices from canadavapes.com which should be arriving shortly).

I recently (this week) received my Colibri Nano Elite egic starter kit from epuffer.com. I do enjoy the small size (closer to a regular cigarette) and portability/case/charger/etc; HOWEVER, I'm finding I have to take very frequent and strong draws to get much vapour at all. That and the flavour isn't as great as I was hoping. I'm hoping to switch from regular cigarettes to ecigs exclusively, so I want to find the best one for my needs, longevity (and pocket).

So I think from what I've read, a clearomizer or tank is something I'd be interested in using seeing as the amount of flavour and vapour it seems to produce. I will keep my Colibri for my purse, etc. but want something that I can fill with my own e-juce to experiment, etc. and especially provide much more vapour and taste which I'm really missing (and what I think transitioning from regular cigarettes will make easier).

I have read that the Vivi Nova and Vivi Nova Mini seem to be popular choices - but I'm not sure which Canadian based site is best to purchase this at (Fast shipping, no duty, etc.). And I am also curious as to what kind of battery this takes seeing as the ones I've seen do not come with batteries.

If anyone can help me it would be amazing! I'm nearing the last few real cigarettes I have at home and hope to order a new product as soon as possible.

So any suggestions as to types, etc. which produce the best flavour and vapour production would be wonderful. I'm not to worried about the size of this one as I already have the pocket sized Colibri. Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated. I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the ecigs, mods, batteries, attachments, tanks, cartomizors, cartridges, etc. available. and just want something that will work, give GREAT vapour and taste for someone switching from regular old/gross cigarettes.

Thanks so much!!
    Mitchie

2. carl_consultant

carl_consultant New Member Member

The Kanger EVOD Kit from canadaejuice.com is a pretty good deal, $49.95 for 2 eGo batteries, 2 EVOD clearomizers with 5 replacement heads, and a charger as well as a free sample of ejuice. I've been ordering from them and shipping is quick, they also give free samples of ejuice for every review you give, so it's a cheap way to try out some ejuices without being too worried if you don't like them.
    You can use the coupon code ECF to get 10% off your first order too

3. Mitchie

Mitchie New Member Member

Thanks so much! I was up ALL night last night looking at different models, etc. and just becoming more and more confused. And I was vaping away on my Colibri just knowing I won't be completely happy using this all the time or probably unable to switch completely from actual cigarettes without having a satisfying amount of vapour and taste. So I took your advice and ordered the Kanger EVOD Kit when I woke up today. Watching a few 'tutorials' online right now and it looks like it might be the best choice for me right now until I get more advanced with vaping.

Thanks again for your help - I'd really like to kick the habit of real cigarettes, so I'm truly hoping the Kanger will be the device that does it!:)

4. Vapella

Vapella Member Member

Check out ecigmod (site sponsor) - they always have good prices on Vivi/Mini Nova it's where I get mine. Same day delivery too.

Good luck with it!

5. Rare Air eCigs

Rare Air eCigs Vendor Vendor

Hi Mitchie, welcome to the forum.

For our money, the best place to start is with an eGo Twist battery. Manyvapers start with other models, either less expensive or more, and and up settling on this model. The great thing about it is that you can set to battery voltage at the level you like. This means you can "customize" your vape.. bigger clouds, more flavour, or smaller clouds, more discreet, milder flavour.

I know you already ordered, but feel free to check out our site (link in signature below).. We offer the best of both worlds : A Twist battery with an evod clearomizer.

Free Shipping anywhere in Canada and a money back guarantee if you're not happy. We back up everything we sell to make sure you're happy. Also, use code rare10 to get 10% off everything.

Feel free to drop us a line any time with questions!

6. johnsitka

johnsitka New Member Member

eGo removes a lot of hurdles. (and CanadaEJuice were wicked fast with my last order). Small, easy, quality vape, usb charging relates to the commute/charge routine. So glad I didn't start with a PCC, cartomizer kit. One week in, my only advice I have is that I started with funky strong 34mg juice. After smoking so many analogs for so many years, I think this was key to my buy in on the concept of vaping. The fact that I didn't feel sick was disturbing so I'd hit this hard e-juice till I couldn't take it and everything was back to the way it was as per analog. Then I could relax and move on to ridding myself of analogs because nothing had been compromised. Cure by excess, that is something I can relate to. Probably not the best advice but it is a tale. EVO is real nice, good pulls and flavor, small tank but that helps meter your vape just like going to the corner for a new pack at $11, one less trip I figure, find $11 then go to corner vs. plus you pay $11 for 4 packs (equivalent)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  7. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Ouch 34mg is waaaay too strong even for a HEAVY smoker. 24mg is the max anyone should vape IMO.

8. johnsitka

johnsitka New Member Member

The 34 was only for the first couple days. I stand by what I said, a converter needs to feel that "nic sic" feeling to comprehend the nic factor is "on Par" with analog. That was my buy in point and I'm not a unique person. I will be mixing the remainder of the 34 with 24 and now have 2 X 24mg tanks only. End of next week I will get some 16/18 juice. and meter as required. This is one of the great things of vape to me, "dosing".

I told it to my Dr., "WTF is with the delivery system of gum/patch (ie NRT), I can't dose myself therefore it fails" he gave me a mouth spray... It was awesome!!! $68 for 280 puffs????? and thus ended that experiment. I could go for years (present market) at 500 puffs for $2. So here is the rub; dosing and price. I hope GlaxoSmithKline has nothing to do with it. I'm noob but to me that was the revolution NRT failing where vape excels.

9. OldWestChris

OldWestChris New Member Member

Hi Mitchie, I can feel your pain, but I want to remind you of something from when you started smoking. Did you stick with the first brand of cigarettes you purchased?

Smoking an e-cig is an adventure. I was never a cigarette smoker, so I probably have a little different perspective. I am a cigar smoker and an e-cig smoker, depending on the social demands of the day.

For me, e-cigs are similar to cigars in many ways. I have never stuck to a single brand of cigar as "my cigar". I have always tried different cigars exploring flavors, burns, and enjoyment. E-cigs are very similar. I play with flavors, preferring tobacco flavors, but not limiting myself to them.

If you go into your e-cig life with adventure in mind, you are going to enjoy it a lot more than thinking of it as replacing "your brand", because it will never be the same. You might discover it is an even better experience once you embrace the fun side of exploring the flavors of e-cigs.

10. sue

sue New Member Member

ouch this is so confusing to me lol i wanted a ecig that looked like a cigarette but wondering if i shouldnt buy one of these big ones now.

11. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Sue I would highly recommend the bigger ones! The difference is really night and day. Here is a good Canadian vendor with good deals on eGo starter kits.

12. sue

sue New Member Member

thanks saintjames for the advice i will look into these ego starter kit :)

13. sue

sue New Member Member

ok hi me again still confused lol i have looked at the ego kit in the picture theres a short one and a longer tinner one well id like the long thin one but have no idea what it would be called to order it theres a lot of choice like 600 something to 900 something. is that the lenght? this ecig i got i cant take it its to harsh its got that little plastic container you have to fill and put in the cartridge theres no filler so im wondering if its not the cause of the bad tasting and harsh burning. i had a disposible ecig from epuffer and what i did today when there were no more taste i took the eliquid that is bad tasting and put some in the filler in the disposible well it didnt taste harsh and it didnt burn my throat. i did order the magnum rev 3 and a box of cartridges. could the cartridges be refilled at least once ? i had ordered the nano colibri but returned it it didnt work i tried with 4 cartridges. i had kept the 4 cartridges i had tried and decided to open them up. the filler inside is dark brown and black goo on it was this normal? i puffed on them only once. i am not putting down epuffer here things like that can happen. i realy did like there disposible thats why i had order the nano colibri and even after i sent them back the kit i reordered the magnum rev 3 i like the taste of the premium tobaco.

14. Myron Horvath

Myron Horvath New Member Member

Sue, the 600 or 900 something is actually the milliamperes/hr rating of the battery. Which of course the bigger ones will last longer between charges. You will end up spending some dollars till you get what you want, or that works for you. I've gotten into some fairly high end equipment already, but I feel it's worth it in the long run. It is amazing just what differences there are between atomizers/clearomizers what ever you want to refer to them as in regards to taste and quality of your vape. I vape all day long and love it! I found some nice juices that are great.

15. sue

sue New Member Member

sigh* me again. im a pain in the neck with my questions sorry about that. ok im ready to order a kit but dont know wich one between the ego mini pro tank or the ego basic CE4 im just afraid to burn my throat like what happened with the first kit i got. i think the mini pro is stainless im not sure. wich one would be the best ? ty

16. sue

sue New Member Member

well you see the first kit i got was the one that looked like a cig it had a little barel inside in wich you put the liquide then push it in inside the cartridge? its a hollow plastic tube that looks like the filter of a smoke. then you screw it on. but omg when i took a puff i burned my throat so bad it reminded me of when i was young i used to smoke hash on knives ( yes i smoked dope when i was young lol ) but the feel of the metal burning in my throat realy reminded me of it and like in the old days i must have drink a gallon of water to put out the fire lol. and then the liquide tasted like turpentine and yes i know what turpentine taste like i paint (artiste) and when i was concentrated on my work it happened a few times i put the paint brush in my mouth but on the wrong side of it. so im afraid now im afraid that it will burn my throat or taste realy bad. i realy want to give it a shot i have to quit smoking very bad health here. are some of you ever had that happen with a ego whatever they called? oh and also i got a magnum rev 3 from epuffer i like it but the cartridge wont last me a week for sure i did filled them again but they are starting to taste weird and iv used the weird bad tasting juice so no wonder i guess. thanks for all your answer i realy appreciate it .:) thank you guys that gave me advice it helps a lot.

17. sue

sue New Member Member

going to read on this thank you so much for your help :)