New to vaping, question about juices clogging

Discussion in 'eCig Newbie' started by Stavrogin, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Stavrogin

Stavrogin New Member Member

Hi everyone,

I just got my first vaporizer about three weeks ago or so. Bought a cheap one that was easily available here in my little town, a Vapur SMRT G. I've since ordered a Kangertech Evod, since the Vapur requires changing out the entire clearomizer to change the coil (at $10 a pop).

In the meantime though - I started with the "Classic" juice, which was great, and my clearomizer/coil lasted about 10 days. But then I replaced the clearo, and bought a "Coffee" flavoured juice (also made by Vapur).

The taste was harsh initially, and I wondered if I got a bad clearo. Also, the draw got stiffer and stiffer. After only a few days I replaced the clearo. That one was good for a couple of days before it, too, was clogged (trying to vape was giving me a headache from having to pull on it so hard), and the vapor itself was very weak.

Finally, I got a third clearo, and a different juice, a Cherry one which was much lighter in colour (the coffee one was very dark). So far I haven't had any clogging issues, but it has only been a day.

So my real question: Do some juices just kill coils or clog clearomizers? And how would I know how to avoid them? I've got my Evod's coming, which I'm really looking forward to, and I don't want to gunk them up.

Thanks for any help!

2. VAPEMAIL

VAPEMAIL New Member Member

You are mostly correct with your findings. Darker liquids generally clog faster that lighter liquids. But, not always the case. I believe it has to do with flavour base. The reason for all of this is plain science. The components - PG, VG, flavouring & liquid nicotine all vapourize at different temperatures. For the most part, it's the flavourants that don't fully vapourize and create a residue that eventually builds up.

Evods use a Kanger Evod / Kanger Protank single coil. These are a good choice. They are a bit outdated - maybe 2 years old but continue to sell, because they work pretty well. You will get more life out of something newer - like an Aspire Nautilus or Kanger Aerotank but not to worry. Take your time and experience different things - you'll find what works best for you.

3. rick_greenlight

rick_greenlight New Member Member