New to vaping / ecigs

Discussion in 'eCig Newbie' started by Blackdove, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Blackdove

Blackdove New Member Member

Everyone I know has gone to the vap, and swear by it. So as I have to move soon, and most likely won't be able to smoke in the new apartment I thought I'd look into it.

The difference is in what one considers acceptable or not, my friends and family all use the 39.99 no name refillable cheaps and are happy with them.

I know myself, and I know I would not be happy. So what i'm looking to find out, or some advice is, what would I be happy with? I've seen many posts from people who bought one kit, then another the next week, then changed this or that to end up with the perfect solution for them. If you were to start fresh today, what would you buy / what parts would you get?

2. Blackdove

Blackdove New Member Member

Also, as someone who smokes a pack a day but of .... ultra lights? (I have no idea the conversion of the new names lol DuMaurier Balanced) am I going to be happy with 6mg juices, or should I look at the 12's to start with.

I know it's a lot of personal preference questions, but as I live in a small backwater town I'm going to need to order everything online, so it's not as if I can buy the 6mg, and if I don't care for it run back and buy the other.

3. orange157192

orange157192 Member Member

My friend,welcome to this platform. I think this is a good place to exchange ideas about e-cigarettes.I hope I can make friends with you. I'd like to help you . I know the way to buy some good items online. Have a good day!

4. maydayit

maydayit New Member Member

Hi Blackdove.

As you've said, a lot of it is personal preference. I personally tried a few of the cheaper kits, and they weren't enough for me to make the switch. When I decided I could finally ditch the smokes, it was with an Istick 30w and a Kanger Subtank Mini. I've since bought a Subtank Nano so I could easily switch between a couple of flavours without draining the tank. Apparently the Istick isn't the most accurate unit out there, but I personally don't have anything to compare them to. That being said, I would suggest something with variable wattage, or at the very least, variable voltage. That will allow you to find a good satisfying vape, and you can upgrade later if you decide to. I'd look for something that'll handle a good range of devices, because a lot of the tanks coming out these days use coils that are less and an ohm (sub-ohm). Going this way means you'll need a good tank. I've been using the Kanger products, and even the non-sub-ohm ones are way better than they used to be. I had used a variable voltage device (ego twist style) and it was ok, but I bought the IStick because it could read the resistance of the coil I was vaping, and since I was experimenting with different ones that were available and realized that due to bad eyes, I couldn't read the markings on the coils. The other reason was that the twist batteries at the time couldn't handle sub-ohm and I wanted to try the subtanks to see what all the hype was about. So you have a lot of choices. Personally, I'd check out some of the Youtube videos out there and see what appeals to you.

As for nic level, I found I started higher and soon went down. I'd buy a bottle of 12 and a bottle of 6 and see where your needs lie. You may find the 12 too much and the 6 too weak at first, so if you've got two of the same flavour, you can mix them together and get something in between.

Beyond that, you'll just have to play and find the vape that satisfies you.

5. phantomseliquid

phantomseliquid World Renowned eLiquid Vendor

Welcome to vaping. Vaping is truly freeing. You get your nicotine and the familiar habit of drawing in and exhaling vapor, without any of the chemicals associated with smoking. But you already knew this.

I can guarantee you that you will never settle for any one piece of hardware. It's fun to try different pieces of hardware and their functionality. Many times, each piece of hardware has it's purpose in your life. Perhaps your daily vape is a variable voltage mod for light morning hits and your cloudy evening tokes, but you head out for a weekend and have no way to charge it, or you don't want to risk breaking it. You may need a few disposables or even a couple of basic battery/atomizer combos. Plus, there is new hardware coming out daily with increased functionality. It becomes addicting in it's own way!

I recommend finding a vape store or a friend with a vape and trying it out. Most people are happy with a middle-of-the-road variable voltage such as the Innokin iTaste MVP 2.0 combined with a clearomizer that offers airflow mechanism and bottom vertical coil heads such as the Aspire Nautilus Clearomizer Kit so you can find the exact variations you like.

Of course, half of your Vaping experience is going to be in the quality of the eLiquid you use.