New guy here, and his story

Discussion in 'eCig Newbie' started by Remote44, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Remote44

Remote44 Trying to infuse whey powder into my e-juice Member

Hi everyone I am from the cig hating city of Toronto. Feeling more and more like a criminal for quitting smoking and using a vape. But that is besides the point.

I wanted to share a story. about 3-4 years ago i tried to quit smoking I used this old ass vape kit called Redds it came with a little charger that looked like a cigarette pack flip top etc... Woof what a joke... and then finally i decided i would give it another go a few years later.

I picked up a starter kit with a disposable, Junk, then an ego battery and a refillable / disposable... Better but still junk... Then i got the nautilus, then the atlantis now RDA's ... and to date i have converted 4 people to vapes. Not even close friends but co workers and such.

If you are going to give anyone advice.... find your best most mild juice on the throat and get them the best tank clearomizer you can the tools make all the difference.

Question for the crowd, does anyone else have the occasional cigarette when drinking or something? I love being able to smoke a cigarette when i want to and then drop it for the monday to friday so to speak

anyways glad to be here ciao for now

2. jacoby

jacoby Member Member

ME! Definitely happens when I am into the sauce. It's not really a big deal unless you are having a lot of them. I limit it to 2-3 per session and I think that's acceptable. That said NONE is a whole lot better.

3. Remote44

Remote44 Trying to infuse whey powder into my e-juice Member

You know there recently in the last 5 or so years there has been a new vibe, people have changed the way they say Goodbye and take care in Italy. Old Italians will say "Stare Bene " stay well or be good or be well however you want to translate it. Recently about 5 years ago I met a group of small business owners ... they would all say "Stare Tranquillo" Stay tranquil. Then my shop foreman had Tranquil tatted down his arm. Again in Italy last summer. "Stare Tranquillo" everywhere I went. The point is... I think in this day and age if having 1 2 or 3 cigarettes makes your night better and makes you feel tranquil and not like you are missing something then I image is much less stress on your body. Which if these Euro's have taught me anything they have the secret to being happy. So have a smoke.. and stai tranquillo

4. maydayit

maydayit New Member Member

I'm kind of in the same boat. I never really felt satisfied until I got a good variable watage device and a tank with enough airflow to satisfy me. I'm legally blind, so rebuilding is out of the question, but there are good tanks out there now that can produce good flavour and performance. I've seen one regulated 4v 808-style stick I'd recommend to someone who needs the closest form factor, but I really do think that variable wattage or at least variable voltage, is the way to get started. A quick tutorial to show them the basics without getting into the electronics side so they know to start low and work up in power for example.

When I started the first time, 808s were the starter kits they were selling, and they just didn't do it. The industry has grown leaps and bounds since then!