Joyetech eVic - Just Hype?

Discussion in 'eCig Batteries & Mods' started by TroyVapes, Dec 13, 2012.

1. TroyVapes

TroyVapes Member Member

So looks like Joy is going into the Provari/Mod market in a big way. I'm not convinced these crazy contraptions are the future. What do you guys say?

The eVic will feature variable voltage and a beautiful display. The display will show the stuff you’d expect, battery voltage, resistance, remaining battery life and so on. It seems that it might use an 18650 battery as well.
    It will also come bundled with a software package called MVR (my vapor record) which will allow you to download information from your e-cigarette including number of puffs, settings, atomizer resistance and so forth. While it’s not totally clear in the press release it seems like you may also be able to update the firmware to add new features or fixes to the e-cigarette itself.

Here is the official press release from Joyetech.

[​IMG]

2. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

3. MasterVapes

MasterVapes Sysop Admin

4. tref651

tref651 New Member Member

What's next? A new one that that magnetically attaches to your fridge, can also be used as a flashlight, locks/unlocks your car, has a GPS function and can be used to play a miniature version of ball-in-a-cup? Maybe a blunt striking device with retractable blades too should the situation call for it.

Sure I think it's neat and all but all I need is a button and likely a twist function and I'm set to go. Besides I don't really keep track of how much I vape in an hour and it's probably better for my already dwindling mental wellbeing if I don't. :confused:

5. anna canasianada

anna canasianada New Member Member

hey i've been using the evic for over a month, its a great mod-i would imagine for the price, your paying for the oled scrn and future firmware update.

my review
    Check out my Website @ http://vapecents.com/ for some updated reviews and my two cents.

6. Peter Martin

Peter Martin Hybrid Mechanical Mod Member

Great kit........