How often clean or replace T2/T3 clearos?

Discussion in 'Cartos / Clearos / Atomizers' started by saintjames, Oct 26, 2012.

1. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Hello all! Was invited to this new forum by a friend, looks great! Will start this off with a general question...

I love the T2/T3 style clearos by Vision and Kanger. How often are you finding you need to replace these? And, how are you cleaning them?

THANKS!

2. TroyVapes

TroyVapes Member Member

Also a fan of the T2s from Kanger. For me they usually last 3 weeks or so and they either burn out slowly or stop working completely. Best way to clean is just carefully with some water then do a dry burn.

3. Vapella

Vapella Member Member

I find after I clean my clearos they don't work as well. Sort of like a bit less powerful than new. Or maybe it's just me...

...because of that I've been avoiding cleaning them and just adding new juice to top up.

4. SirVapesALot

SirVapesALot Super Moderator Staff Member

My vision v3 clearos have been holding up well 3 weeks of use on a couple. I have cleaned them both before but now i dont bother anymore. I just switch to a new juice that would blend well,taste wise, with the old flavour.

5. MidnightVaper

MidnightVaper Vendor Vendor

I have experienced that a bit myself. I find it is best to let them dry completely after cleaning before adding new liquid. Usually I let them sit a couple of days. I have not tried it yet but I might try taking a blow dryer to them.

Another thing I have tried with a bit of success, for changing flavours or trying to loosen up some thicker, clogged liquids is to empty them out as much as I can and then fill them half full with straight Propylene Glycol, shake it around and repeat. Then add your new liquid. No water, no dry burn. This has worked well for changing flavours but not sure how well it works for cleaning.

6. Zero

Zero Professor of Vapology Member

a clearomizer should last much longer than 3 weeks!
    I'm not sure what type of eliquid you're all using but if your only getting a good three weeks out of any e cig part (with the exception of a wick)...

its definitely time for a change!

I vape a lot! and the last clearomizer I had (a smoktech) lasted over 5 months.

I'm telling you. Vision products are Pure EVIL!

7. TroyVapes

TroyVapes Member Member

So if not Vision, then what brand for your clearos do you recommend? Kanger?

8. Zero

Zero Professor of Vapology Member

Smoktech, My opinion is 100% bias though... Its a tough call with ecig part because you could buy three of the same clearos, from the same lot...and have eachone act uniquely. However, I have almost always had incredible results from smoktech products. I would suggest checking out the site and finding something you like. I have attached a picture of why I hate vision so much. every single product I've ever bought with their name on it (with the exception of their new twist battery which I hear is pretty great) has done this to me...
    black.jpeg
    that eliquid was completely clear with a yellow ting when I put it in. As you can see... its black.
    It also tastes like garbage =)
    Every Vision clearo, carto and atomizer has done this to me...Thus They're evil!

9. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Hey Zero you're right! I too have seen my vision T2s get make juice darker over time and essentially ruin the vape. I thought it was just me. Maybe it is just with some product runs as I have others that do not seem to do this. Either way I want a replacement clearo...

What do you guys suggest as a solid rebuild able T2? I am thinking of trying the Kanger ones: http://www.szkanger.com/productshow.asp?bid=9&pid=8

10. shane

shane New Member Member

i have a kanger t2, i had bought 3 wicks for it and in 4 days i have already down to my last one, the first one lasted 2 days, the second one lasted 12 hours and now im on my last one, been useing the same e-juice on all three, why is it going out so fast, or they are just bad wicks​

11. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Never had that problem myself. Either bad wicking or bad products. Often times vendors cut corners and get cheaper products that look like the real thing, or are the real thing, but are either a bad lot, or just bad product. If you get DOA clearos I would suggest talking to the vendor for a replacement.

12. shane

shane New Member Member

i tried and they do not exchange them, i went to a diffrent shop and got another one, the metal is darker on this one, but i cant tell what is a real kanger wick, if this one works longer i will keep going to the shop i got it from

13. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

I recommend these guys for Kanger T3. One of the best vendors in Canada and they order straight from the factory.

Another thing to remember, if you're using a 70/30 liquid no need to remove a wick, but if you have a thick juice, like 100% VG, you should try removing a wick from the bottom base. When you open it there will be a loose wick laying on there. Just pull it out and the liquid can flow in there easier.

Sorry you got some duds...I've yet to have any duds with the T3's and they last around 1 month.

14. shane

shane New Member Member

i think they were cheap rip offs of the orignal, i love the kanger t3, still new at this and all the info is good help, thanks for you time

15. William Xu

William Xu E-mail: itsuwa6@itsuwacig.com Member

Hello, This is William .

i recommend itsuwa 1981 V2, it is stainless steel out shell material and have spring drip tip to keep e-liquid fresh, no need to clean, it is high quality new patent

Clearomizer or vapor. i attach you some photo of 1981 V2 , for more specs information please feel freely to contact with me itsuwa6@itsuwacig.com

1981-v2(10-02-08-32-29).jpg 1981 v2.jpg 1981.jpg