help

Discussion in 'eCig Newbie' started by romaniranch, Sep 20, 2014.

1. romaniranch

romaniranch New Member Member

hello hi so i'm trying to quit smoking and make the switch, this vape shop opened near my house and am highly considering buying from them cause obviously hella convenient for me.....

im looking at their starter kits so ya, help me choose one??? or should i buy a good one right off the bat??

http://acevaper.ca/e-cigarettes-starter-kits/
    im a light to moderate smoker i guess like i dont exceed a pack a day.

thanks!!!!!

2. JeepyG

JeepyG New Member Member

I started with a simple ego-C type kit and was really happy.

Knowing what I know now I may have done things just a little different.
    For consideration...
    I would offer you this:
    http://acevaper.ca/product/itaste-variable-voltage-v3-0-express-kit/
    http://acevaper.ca/product/protank-3-mini/

I think that setup will give you plenty of quality vaping. Plus with that nice battery you can always bump up to a larger tank at a later date.

I still use my ego-C kit when I want ultra small and portable. It fits perfectly in a sport jackt or suit jacket pocket without being bulky.

You decide what is best for you...:thumbsup:

3. sue

sue New Member Member

well im a nub too when it comes to vaping . i did start it and then i quit and went back to real smokes. i want to like vaping so bad but the real smokes have a strong hold on me. but a few weeks ago i restarted vaping but still smoke real cigs also. i want to quit the real ones. i got a innokin itaste vv and got a nautilus mini clearomiser to go with it i like that. trouble is i just dont know what seting i have to put the itaste batterie at as i dont understand nothing yet about the voltage and power and stuff. so i set it to p i guess it means power to 7.5 and the other not sure if its voltage but its at 3.9 i dont want to break my batterie so i hope im not doing something bad. i dont like it when theres a lot of vapor its harsh on my throat and chest. e-liquid cnfuse me, if i get this right the higher the nic the more hit in the throat? or could be pg too im guessing. but like i said the setting i have it now it dont hurt as much as when it was power 9 on the itaste. as for the nautilus i have no idea where to turn the knob i just turn it until i have to i call it tighter draw dont know if i can call it that way. anyway if some one could shed some light on this as to if im going to break my innokine itaste at these setting i would realy appreciate ty :)

4. maydayit

maydayit New Member Member

Hi Sue.

I too am fairly new to all of this, and I haven't used an ITaste, so my response is more general. Currently, I'm using a Kanger VV battery with an Aerotank. The thing I find makes the most difference in the throat hit, among other things, is the way I vape. Take long, slow drags, and just inhale slowly until you feel the throat hit. Higher nicotine levels will also give you more throat hit than will lighter levels. Being a heavy smoker, I went straight to the 24, which was harsh at first, until I learned not to drag on it like an analog. Now I get much more flavor. I still get a nice throat hit, but it doesn't make me want to cough any more. I think this is an important factor left out by a lot of what I've read so far.

Derek

5. DJC ElectroMods

DJC ElectroMods New Member Member

Just a bit of info if you haven't gotten it yet...P is power yes, it is watts, U or V is voltage, you need to adjust the voltage to suit your coil (heating element). If you have a 1.5ohm, then stick below 3.8volts, 1.8ohm you could go as high as 4.1-4.2 volts, all taste dependant. I don't like vaping in the watts setting, I always use volts. The higher the resistance, the higher volts/watts you can use. The turn knob on the nautilus is for air flow control, lower ohm cols need more airflow, or they will just burn the juice. Always start at the lowest setting on your vv/vw device and work your way up until you find your sweet spot, it will be different for each tank or coil resistance. I find Kanger tanks I can use a little higher than Innokin tanks. It is all about personal taste, we all vape differently. I would hope that the store you bought this gear would have went over this with you, unless you bought online, then that would make sense. Any vendor that I know, will answer your emails, phone calls or questions you have.

Hope this helps.

6. VapedDave

VapedDave New Member Member

Personally, I started with a starter kit that came with 2 batteries, 2 tanks, one charger and some coils and I kept going back to cigarettes. I ended up saying f*ck it I hate smoking, so I ended up buying the iStick 50W @ $69.99, Coils @ $19.99 (for 5 of them) and the Atlantis Aspire @ $39.99 + 5ml extended glass for $9.99 + a juice (which I don't like @ $14.99)

Total after taxes came to $175.09

I love the iStick 50W (only use it @ 20W and 30W w/ 6mg juices) and would never go back to the simple starter kits. It's my opinion that you will not be happy with those after some time and will want something stronger... just my opinion though.

7. SamanthaThompason

SamanthaThompason New Member Member

I would got for somathing basic like the e go, something a little cheap to see if you actually get on with it!