eVic Firmware version 1.2

Discussion in 'eCig Batteries & Mods' started by WolfeReign, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Offline
    WolfeReign

WolfeReign pinnacle of innocence Member

Greetings and Salutations! I am hoping that this is being entered in the right section as i just signed up :D

Anyway with all that set aside i am not sure if anyone else read that joytech is coming out what a version 1.2 for the evic and a version 1.2 for the mvr software (plus mac's are going to get the mvr softwear).

On thing in particular that caught my eye was joytech saying there is going to be a new feature in the firmware and i quote:
    does this mean the evic will switch between manual and auto? does it look like the evic is even set for it (hardware wise)? Personally i do not own on and i am kind of sitting on the fence
  2. Offline
    MasterVapes

MasterVapes Sysop Admin

Yep saw this as well, here is the official release from Joyetech:

-----snip

Dear All Valued eVic fans,
    With eVic release,we also launched eVic1.0, eVic 1.1 and MVR 1.0. These software bring some new features to electronic cigarette lovers. Such as: a visual operating system, record function, extra-large capacity and so on.

After releasing eVic, we found several shortcomings in the software. For that, our software development team have been trying their best to design and improve eVic 1.2, and MVR 1.1. Based on the original software, we have added auto vapor mode, users can edit timeline pulsation for MVR VV/MVR VW. Meanwhile, they also can define their battery capacity by themselves. In order to use these two software more convenient and simple, Joyetech specially made a series of reasonable change and adjustment for eVic and MVR interface .

We will release eVic 1.2 Beta version for firmware and MVR 1.1 Beta version in the end of January, and allow users to download.
    Considering some electronic cigarette lovers from non-English countries, Joyetech will regularly provide more commonly used languages for eVic 1.2 code, such as German, French, then Italian, etc…

In addition, in order to satisfy users who use MAC system, we will soon release MVR ( MAC) 1.0 beta version.
    At the same time, due to the market requirement, we designed three new colors of eVic battery casing. Users can change their battery tube according to what the like.

More functions for eVic vaporing, Stay tuned!
    Thank you for being Joyetech eVic fans.
    Joyetech Marketing Department
    January, 11, 2013
  3. Offline
    Vapella

Vapella Member Member

Still no eVic 1.2 firmware...perhaps they're doing a 'real' update. The last one was weak!
  4. Offline
    MasterVapes

MasterVapes Sysop Admin

Firmware 1.2: http://www.joyetech.com/download/Software/MVR_V1.2.zip
    It's not listed on their site yet, but the file is already there. New version of MVR software that includes 1.2 firmware packaged with it.

Here's a screencap of the new settings in MVR: http://i.imgur.com/HsruAmK.png

New things:
    • MVR VV / MVR VW modes - Time-lapse variable voltage/wattage. Voltage has 3 configurations for different atomizer resistance ranges.
    • You can configure what is displayed in the upper left corner - I'm displaying atomizer resistance right now.
    • Menu is much better now compared to 1.1
    • Timeouts and battery settings are all customizable
    Broken things:
    • If you try to change the temperature alarm while in Fahrenheit mode on the device and change the hundreds place to 1, you can't adjust the tens place. It can be updated properly from MVR software.
    • Interface for configuring the MVR VV/VW modes in the MVR software is horrible. Absolutely horrible.
  5. Offline
    saintjames

saintjames Member Member

6. Offline
    esperantop

esperantop New E-cigarette 2013 Member

Hehe, i know this type from Joye.
    We have similar type and an updated new type