eGo-V v2.0 is Coming

Discussion in 'eCig Batteries & Mods' started by saintjames, Oct 22, 2012.

1. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

I'm a big fan of this battery and think it is a great starting point for newbies and pro vapers alike. I recommend them to friends and family and have not seen any issues with the build quality, vape experience etc. Having said that, there was some complaints raised by PBusardo and others regarding:
    • The button is hard to find!
    • Pass through not working correctly (actually just need a stronger charger).
    • the LED is not bright enough.
    After talking to the manufacturer about these issues it sounds like they're going to address them...

A few email quotes from Rita at Sailebao from last week:

"Yes, as we received some complains from customers on the EGO-V, and now our engineer is making some improvements to it. Samples for the improved EGO-V will be available later today. If it is passed the test, we will start to produce the improved EGO-V. "

"Our EGO-V has been improved and now we are just producing the new version."

"It is just the button and LCD improved."

eGo-V Image from the Manufacturer

ego-v.jpeg

mary2014 likes this.
  2. MasterVapes

MasterVapes Sysop Admin

Looking forward to getting one of these when the 1000mAH is released. 650 does not last long enough for me :)

3. Zero

Zero Professor of Vapology Member

I liked this battery as well, however I use it strictly as a pass thru in the car because the battery life span is dismal. That’s not the only reason I only use it in the car though... Whenever I used the passthru with my computers usb ports the screen would start going loopy. reading out random numbers and shapes... It was like something from poltergeist... Id take a draw and it would always put out the highest voltage it could muster up. So after my coughing and ganging fit I plugged it directly into the wall using an iphone usb adapter... it worked fine...fine in the car using passthru to cigarette lighter (hows that for irony)...So in the car it stays!

eCigMod:
    You might look a little like a wizard if and when they come out with this in 1000mAH... the 650 is pretty long, longer than 1000 batts anyway (its not in front of me at the moment but I'm thinking about 13 cm long). It would be like a wand or billy club =D

4. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Just saw this message! I'd also heard the battery life was not that great, but that makes sense for a 650. I run most of my stuff at low volts though so maybe I'll fare better. Will report back once I get mine :)

5. Zero

Zero Professor of Vapology Member

I just checked in on some of the site which are selling these batteries. I noticed a lot have now added "DO NOT USE PASS THROUGH WITH USB!" I can only assume this is because of the poltergeist effect I mentioned before. like CigMod (which I have now decided should be pronounced like Sigmund with the "N" =D ) said: 1000 mah is what I'm waiting on now too! I look forward to hearing how yours is!

I'll assume its out when I start hearing voices from my poltergeist battery saying...
    [​IMG]

6. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Yep PBusardo also mentioned the issue with the pass through not having enough power in his review. I can't be sure but it could also be fixed in the latest version. Will let you know.