Don't ever want to touch a cigarette again!

Discussion in 'eCig Newbie' started by VapedDave, Mar 5, 2015.

1. VapedDave

VapedDave New Member Member

Sorry to all, but please read this as it is very sad but makes want to only vape now ... Also I'm typing this on my phone so autocorrect may mess up a bit

So, I've been married for a year but have been with my wife for 8+ years. Her grandfather who I knew pretty well was a smoker for 30 years and quit smoking 20 years ago.

2 months ago he was diagnosed with stage 3 advanced lung cancer.

I saw him 2 weeks ago, weak, he couldn't walk but we were talking to him and he was happy to see us. All he wants for us is to quit smoking!

I saw him in the hospital with my wife and a couple other family members, he couldn't talk, could hardly breathe, was delirious and couldn't stay awake. I had to leave the room as I couldn't see him like that.

I went to work at 11pm that night as usual, went on break at 2AM and saw a missed call from my wife, called her back...

He died about 3 hours after we left....

Obviously we're all upset, but I can't help but feel some type of anger knowing cigarettes did this to him, so I'm using my cheap e cigarette only now, knowing that I don't want to go that way at whatever age I am. My end goal is to quit altogether, including the ecig. I've gone from 12mg to 6mg and it's hard but it needs to be done.

With that said, I want to help others kick the habit and will be making my own juice to save on costs. I will also look into selling them depending on opinions of coworkers, etc.

If they like it I will gladly give away a few bottles to forum members (if your in the Durham region I can meet up with you) in order to get my name out there.

I won't be ready for a few more weeks as I'm almost done school but not just yet, it'll be within 4-6 weeks but I'll be kicking around here.

PM me if you'd be willing to try juice I make, free of charge, at whatever nic strength you'd like.

2. DJC ElectroMods

DJC ElectroMods New Member Member

Wow, sorry to hear of your loss, I applaud your strengthened desire to continue vaping and spreading the word, even offering up free juice. I belong to other forums and have for almost 2 years, this community of like minded vapers is so generous...it simply amazes me!! If you need some advice or anything, don't hesitate to message me, not sure how it works on this forum, but I am sure I will figure it out.

3. VapedDave

VapedDave New Member Member

I sent you a msg as a conversation.

Wierd that the forum doesn't have a private message thing, unless thats what the conversation thing is...

4. SamanthaThompason

SamanthaThompason New Member Member

So sorry to hear that :( be strong!