CBC Canada: Is Selling Nicotine & E-Cigs Illegal?

Discussion in 'eCig Industry News & Reports' started by MasterVapes, Dec 6, 2012.

1. MasterVapes

MasterVapes Sysop Admin

Oct 11, 2012
    Kelowna, BC
    Source: http://www.cbc.ca/ombudsman/pdf/2012-11-28-Steen.pdf

Found this buried on cbc.ca's website from an incident end of November. Thought you guys would be interested.

It's coming down to semantics but I too strongly disagree with the CBC news director in allowing the term illegal into the report. If Health Canada refuses to bring these devices to market, and makes the authorization process a ridiculous series of red tape, while at the same time allowing cigarettes, then how can they possibly declare them illegal? I applaud those vendors defying this silly prohibition and it's shameful that Health Canada is not all that interested in the health of Canadians.
    saintjames likes this.
  2. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Oct 22, 2012
    I agree! Support those Canadian vendors willing to support those wanting a safe alternative! As always vote with your dollars :)
  3. MidnightVaper

MidnightVaper Vendor Vendor

Oct 29, 2012
    Nice find. Mild or not, it bothers me how often and casually the term illegal is thrown around in Canada in regards to electronic cigarettes. We are left with a public who is afraid to try a product that is unquestionably less harmful to them then their current cigarettes, and a product that ban or not, is not going to get them arrested or charged with any crime. Yet the perception is that they are sketchy, dangerous and unlawful and this is our own department of Health who is responsible for creating this fear. A department who would rather see Canadians continue to poison and slowly kill themselves then to allow a rival product to big tobacco (who themselves are already jumping on board), or who would rather advise Canadians to use over priced, under preforming gimmicks that are also controlled by big tobacco.

I have a friend who smokes heavily and I have tried to get him interested in vapourizing. I know he is hesitant to quit his cancer sticks and just reaching for excuses but one of the things he repeatedly says is "It hasn't been approved by Health Canada. I'm not going to smoke something that has not been approved by Health Canada". How ridiculous is that he has no problem with smoking tobacco cigarettes every day because they have been approved by Health Canada but won't vapourize without Health Canada's approval.