30 yr habit broken

Discussion in 'eCig Newbie' started by vaperVic1966, Jan 1, 2014.

1. vaperVic1966

vaperVic1966 New Member Member

like the title says, broken. tried everything on the market gum patches pills and nothing even came close. When I was off smokes I was a bear with a festered ass. then I bought my itaste MVP V2 and a KangerTech Unitank mini and everything changed. no more smokes and NO cravings which is just amazing to me. its literally changed my life. my lungs feel great after only a month and I'm never going back to smoking. still have half a deck of smokes sitting in the garage to remind me of what I'm not missing and I think I'll leave them there. I now have no interest in them at all. If you want to quit, try vaping. It worked for me and it could work for you too. what do you have to lose except cancer. Thanks for having me on your forum. Vic.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    Mike Espanola, joanne and Shawn like this.
  2. saintjames

saintjames Member Member

Congrats and welcome to the club Vic! Glad you found a way out of tobacco addiction like so many of us have now.

Kacey Postill likes this.
  3. DieselDave

DieselDave 2009 VW Jetta TDI Clean Diesel Member

Good For You ! I just got a Kanger e-smart and some 24mg 30ml bottle of e-juice 2 days ago. Smokes are within reach and NO desire to light up at all!

e-cigarettes are the BEST Smoking Cessation Aid. Really funny thing yesterday. I got up, grabbed a bic lighter and an ashtray, then proceeded to 'vape'. LOL !

Myron Horvath and Kacey Postill like this.
  4. DieselDave

DieselDave 2009 VW Jetta TDI Clean Diesel Member

I have 5 ex-smokers on e-cigarettes in less than a Month (day 26, today). The store where I get my stuff keeps running out of stock.

joanne likes this.
  5. Kacey Postill

Kacey Postill Vendor Vendor

Hello my name is Kacey Postill and I am the owner of Chain Reaction Vaping. I LOVED YOUR STORY as it is exactly how I felt and started vaping as well. I wanted to let you know that were holding a FANTASTIC CONTEST right now where you can WIN AN EGO PRIZE PACK. Also 10% off all Products. Keep Calm & Vape On www.chainreactionvaping.com

joanne likes this.
  6. Myron Horvath

Myron Horvath New Member Member

I just started vaping yesterday. I'd smoked for 21 years then quit cold for 4 years but didn't like how I felt. Gained 20lbs, didn't like that, and became allergic to nuts and seeds which pissed me off. Throat would swell up that I could hardly swallow. Started smoking again nut allergy disappeared almost instantly and in a month was back down to my normal weight. Found lately that I'd get kind of winded walking 200 yards and heart would be beating hard. Been off cigs for only a day and I feel I'm breathing easier already. I have no urge to light up at all, and my wife still smokes at this point. I hope that she gets into vaping also because I think she would benefit a lot from it because she has asthma.

Kacey Postill likes this.
  7. Kacey Postill

Kacey Postill Vendor Vendor

I haven't used my puffer which I was using up to four times a day since I started vaping only : ) I really hope your wife takes up vaping as well and wish you all the best in convincing her to give it a try. I find that's the hardest part for people but once they try it and feel how similar it is to actual smoking they're hooked, but in a good way : )

Myron Horvath likes this.
  8. sue

sue New Member Member

im new to this been a smoker for 35 years and cant seem to be able to quit so i got a disposible cig to try and wow lol then i got a kit but the liquide was so bad tasting and it did burned my throat real bad i allmost gave it up. tasted like terpentine and glue. i took a puff of that yesterday and still my throat is sore. i got a kit with the refillable cartridge its a platic container you fill and put the little lid back on. i wonder if theres refillable cartridge with filter material instead of a plastic cylinder type of tank. and wonder if it not the pg that burns my throat. i better find a good liquid or else its going to get costly lol

9. Myron Horvath

Hi
    Hi Sue, I quit smoking just over 2 weeks ago now and have no urge to pick up a regular smoke. One word of advice is don't go really cheap on your first kit. You tend to get what you pay for. A decent starter kit will run about $100.00. It may be that you are sensitive to the PG, but if you have a variable voltage battery, set it to a lower setting and try a smaller drag from it also which may help you. Also some juices have more throat hit than others. Also try a lower nicotine content may help you as it will give you less throat hit too. I hope this helps you some:)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  10. joanne

joanne New Member Member

i know right! i'm just so excited about this...43 yr smoker..broken...4 months cig free! it's awesome! feel the freedom!

11. FormiddableFoe

FormiddableFoe New Member Member

Congrats!

joanne likes this.
  12. joanne

joanne New Member Member

recently reformed 2 other long time smokers! it's really picking up momentum! and as well it should! i can never see myself going back to the stinky ol "analogue" lol...i had tried a couple back in june, just because they were left over from my last pack, and it was Yuck!! .. love my ecig! it's my savior! :)

13. joanne

joanne New Member Member

and...did you convince her? lol

14. joanne

joanne New Member Member

Sue, i too am new at this..since may ..and as much as i loved it, it was irritating my throat as well...i turned to 100 vg and that issue was resolved for me! crave is my main supplier but i've discovered two others that supply the 100 all natural juices!

15. Sherlock

Sherlock New Member Member

Congrats Vic! I am on the same path breaking a 20yr smoking addiction, one week in and I'm feeling like I can keep it up forever, this is by far the best NRT I have ever tried and I think I've tried pretty well all of them over the years trying to stop smoking. I'm so glad that my good friend found ecigs and had success with them and passed on the idea to me. I'll be telling my other smoker friends about this for sure!

joanne likes this.
  16. 4eCigs.net

4eCigs.net New Member Member

I smoked for over 35 years and quit the day I started vaping. It is almost unbelievable the changes my body has went through (I used to smoke a pack and a half a day), i can actually breath again!!! I have not had a cigarette in 2 weeks and have no desire to have one! One thing I noticed that helped me a lot (my son quit smoking the same day i did) was to find and eLiquid that i really liked and to get a vaporizer that is very easy to use. I got the KangerTech E-vod and I love it as it so simple! I just basically keep my batteries charged and refill my tank when the eliquid gets low. One battery (it came with two) will last me all day at work (11 hours). My Son ended up another system and he gets frustrated trying to figure out and set the amps/volts etc... Good Luck All

joanne likes this.
  17. Myron Horvath

Yes actually I did:) She has been analogue free for about 215 days now and she is doing great! No more puffer use and has not come down with her bronchitis that she has every year by now either! She's done awesome!

joanne likes this.
  18. 4eCigs.net

4eCigs.net New Member Member

Still can't believe how easy the transition was, it has saved my life too. I want to get the word out to as many people as I can, if I can do it after 35 years anyone can.

19. DadEh

DadEh New Member Member

I can mirror the majority of all the above comments.
    Please see my 1st post -Greetings from a 4 day old newbie -

I have no urge whatsoever. I still have my pack of smokes in my jacket pocket and have no interest to even look at them... I am no easy convert and trying to quit has been very hard for me. But this new world is the best opportunity I have ever come across to start afresh. I feel my chest clearing up, I no longer feel winded when I walk the dog, my sense of taste is improving.
    My wife loves giving me a kiss and does not brace up as she prepares to kiss an ashtray.

My only regret is...... Why wasn't this available years ago.... I now pray legislation in Ontario doesn't kill this golden chalice.

20. myamifin

myamifin New Member Member

I have been vaping for 2 days now and have only had 6 total cigarettes. After smoking a pack a day for over 30 years, I am amazed at how easy it has been to switch. Unfortunately, I started off with very low dose of nic in my juice, so there was an huge urge for a "real" smoke, but I have just picked up a higher level, and so far seems to be working well. Nice to hear that there are so many that are able to quit off them. I was introduced by my nephews, who were very heavy smokers for a number of years, and they have been off the smokes for months now, and have just tapered down to 1/2 the nic levels that they started at.
    I am in complete agreement with DadEh - Ontario has to give us smokers a fighting chance and not regulate the hell out of them. I have no issues with putting in a regulation that limits the sales to minors, but if you can buy cigarettes over the counter regardless of the health issues, why not these - what's the difference besides the taxes and the monetary support for the political parties from the tobacco manufacturers.